Kenyatta University uses NComputing desktop technology to experience a wider access to ICT for teaching and learning.
Kenyatta University was facing major challenges in their Computing systems. They needed to evolve from traditional PCs to a solution that would improve desktop virtualization and enhance Smarter Working.
- A lot of power (electricity) was being consumed.
- Maintenance costs and servicing was expensive.
- Students were frustrated in Computer labs as PCs were becoming very unreliable, requiring random maintenance and replacement.
- Reduced working space due to bulkiness of hardware and Computers.
- Theft of computer accessories and hardware.