- The Cisco ESW 500 Series supports up to Gigabit Ethernet speeds to deliver optimal network performance, enabling you to add high-bandwidth data, voice, video, and wireless applications.
- Cisco ESW 500 Series Switches have been developed and rigorously tested to provide reliable connectivity and performance, especially when supporting advanced voice, video, and wireless services.
- Cisco ESW 500 Series Switches are available with up to 48 PoE ports of Fast Ethernet and 24 PoE ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
- Cisco ESW 500 Series Switches are designed to be configured and managed by small businesses or the Cisco partners that serve them.
- Cisco ESW 500 Series Switches come with a 5-year limited hardware warranty that includes next-business-day advance hardware replacement where available, otherwise 10 business day advance hardware replacement
Cisco ESW500 Series, part of the Cisco Small Business Series, is a group of managed Ethernet switches that provide wire-speed Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, integrated security, quality of service (QoS), and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to support all of your business network needs. These switches integrate easily with other Cisco Small Business Series products as well as the Cisco Smart Business Communications System to provide a complete data, voice, video, and wireless networking solution for your business. With the Cisco ESW500 Series, you can take advantage of a proven network solution and a broad portfolio of high-performance, easy-to-manage switches that are designed and priced for small businesses.
Cisco ESW500 Series Deployment Scenarios
• Move beyond your traditional phone system: The Cisco Smart Business Communications System lets you transform your business by bringing together all of your communications onto a single network. The ESW500 Series works hand in hand with Smart Business Communications System products, such as the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business. Together, the solution lets you support all of your company’s phone calls, messaging, and data. Your employees can be more productive, and you can save money by managing and paying for just one network.
• Securely extend network access with wireless: The ESW500 Series Switches can connect and power your wireless access points while supporting robust security and identity services to protect your wireless environment. By choosing ESW500 Series Switches with both PoE and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, you can easily integrate the Cisco AP 541N Dual Band 802.11n Clustering Access Point into your network. This access point features advanced wireless technologies such as 802.11n and extends the life of your wireless technology investment.
• Connect your small business: The Cisco ESW500 Series Switches meet the needs of a range of small businesses. The 10/100 Fast Ethernet switches can provide outstanding desktop connectivity in small networks to connect computers, printers, and servers. They are well suited to new businesses that are starting up or businesses that previously used basic, unmanaged switches but now require support for additional features such as QoS traffic prioritization and advanced security. The Gigabit Ethernet switches in the Cisco ESW500 Series can go even further, helping you achieve optimal performance from your desktop computers, servers, and other shared devices with Fast or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco ESW500 Series Switches provide security, management, and other capabilities far beyond what unmanaged or smart switches can provide, without requiring you to configure (or pay for) features you don’t need. The switches are designed to be part of the complete line of Cisco Small Business Series networking and voice communications products that work together as part of a proven, fully integrated, easy-to-use small business solution. The Cisco ESW500 Series provides:
• Outstanding performance: The Cisco ESW500 Series supports up to Gigabit Ethernet speeds to deliver optimal network performance, enabling you to add high-bandwidth data, voice, video, and wireless applications. Ultimately, the switches give you the ability to meet more rigorous application demands and help ensure that your employees always have access to the tools they need to be responsive to your customers and each other.
• High reliability: Cisco ESW500 Series Switches have been developed and rigorously tested to provide reliable connectivity and performance, especially when supporting advanced voice, video, and wireless services. They also support an optional redundant power supply that provides uninterrupted failover to help ensure continuous operation, without the need to reboot, even if the primary power supply fails. These features help you keep your network available, prevent costly downtime, and keep your employees and customers connected to the applications they need.
• Power over Ethernet: Cisco ESW500 Series Switches are available with up to 48 PoE ports of Fast Ethernet and 24 PoE ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. PoE allows you to power network-attached devices such as IP phones, video cameras, and wireless access points directly over the Ethernet connection, without an external power supply. The result is a simpler and less expensive deployment, without the need to install a separate power supply for each connected endpoint.
• Quality of service: Cisco ESW500 Series Switches feature QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive and high-bandwidth network traffic, enhancing network performance and allowing businesses to support demanding services such as real-time voice and video.
• Simple configuration and management: Cisco ESW500 Series Switches are designed to be configured and managed by small businesses or the Cisco partners that serve them. Whether you are installing a single switch or an advanced voice and video communications system, simple graphical user interfaces (GUIs) help your staff easily configure, manage, and troubleshoot your network. The Cisco ESW500 Series includes an embedded web-based configuration utility designed specifically for setting up the ESW500 switch (